Palangos Senoji gimnazija
Turinys
Žurnalo komentarai
Informacijos puslapis
Į redakciją

Prisijungę vartotojai: 5 (0 registravosi)
PLACES OF INTEREST
Botanical park of Palanga
This landscape park is one of the prettiest, best preserved, and best maintained parks in coastal region of Lithuania. In 1897 Count Felix Tiškevičius founded this park around the palace built in the same year. The park was designed by the famous French landscape architect and botanist Eduard Fransua Andre, (1840 -1911), who spent three summers in Palanga with his son Rene Eduard Andre (1867 - 1942) supervising the construction of the park. The Belgian gardener Buyssen de Coulon assisted them. The contrast of scenery is emphasized by the palace's regular shape: the northern side of which opens onto a magnificent terrace with the steps leading into the park. Flowers and a fountain add more to the effect.
The southern side of the palace is surrounded by an oval rose garden that is connected to the palace's terraces by stairs. Experts guess that the park's founders planted about 500 different kinds of trees and bushes. The trees were brought to Palanga from Berlin, Konigsberg and other European botanical gardens. Today the park covers an area of approximately 100 ha. Trees cover 60 ha, fields 24,5 ha, flowers 0,5 ha, flowing water 1,16 ha. There are 7 sculptures and a number of other architectural structures there. The park has watering and decorative lighting systems. The park is financed by the town of Palanga.
Rodyti originalaus dydžio paveikslą.
Botanical park of Palanga
The palace of count Feliksas Tiskevicius
Rodyti originalaus dydžio paveikslą.
The palace was built in 1897 by project of German architect Franc Svechten. The estate palace in neo renaissance is inseparable part of park's ensemble. A. Brusokas restored the palace in 1957.
The descendant of counts Alfredas Tiškevičius now lives in Warszawa. In 22 of May 1997 the council of town Palanga granted the name of HONORARY CITIZEN of Palanga town for Alfredas Tiškevičius.
Rodyti originalaus dydžio paveikslą.
The palace of Count Feliksas Tiškevičius
Birute hill
Rodyti originalaus dydžio paveikslą.
Chapel on the hill
Relict dune, as highest dune in the seaside of Palanga, is mapped in the large maps since XVII c. The name of Birute hill is linking with romantic story about priestess Birute, who married the grand duke of Lithuania Kestutis and gave birth to Vytautas, the most famous Lithuanian grand duke. In 1989 archeologists found evidences of pagan sanctuary and observatory, which had existed on the top of Birute hill in XIV-XV c.
In 1869 was built a chapel by project of architect K. Majer. In 1976 stained-glass windows were arranged in this chapel (author L. Pocius). At the foot of a hill is a sculpture of sculptress K. Tuliene "For you, Birute" (1965).
The street of J. Basanavicius
The street of J. Basanavicius is the basic street, which leads to the sea bridge. Holidaymakers promenade in this street very often, because here are a lot of cafes, restaurants and other different attractions.
Rodyti originalaus dydžio paveikslą.
Pier
It is difficult to imagine Palanga without the Pier. From the pier opens a view to the dunes, beaches and limitless sea. Here you can listen to the murmur of the sea, a yell of terns, watch the sunset.
In the end of XIX c holidaymakers had a lot of inconvenieces if they wanted to reach Palanga. From Liepaja or Klaipėda they were traveling to Palanga by carriages. Then Tiškevičiusdecided to build up a landing stage for the ships. The landing stage was built in 1884 - 1888. A merchant passenger vessel "Phoenix" used to carry holidaymakers, goods and food from Liepaja. But every time after storms the landing stage was covered with sand and after a few years it was not usable for navigation. Since 1892 the pier has become a favorite place for promenades. Time, sea waves and wind are devastating this construction. In 1998 a new pier 470m in length was built. Again everybody hastens to say good-bye to the sun...
Rodyti originalaus dydžio paveikslą.
Sunset is seen from the pier
Pajūrio (seaside) regional park
Rodyti originalaus dydžio paveikslą.
Starts south from the Botanical Park and stretch till Klaipeda city. Park was established in September of 1992. Park occupies area of 5602 ha. Park includes the natural reservation of Placis and following reserves: botanical of Karkle, botanical-zoological of Kalote, the landscape of Dutchmen's' Cap (Olandø kepure), landscapes of Nemirseta and Saipiai, talasological and etnocultural of Karkle. You can travel in Seaside Regional Park by foot, by bicycles or by horses. Tel. (8-26) 398834.
Rodyti originalaus dydžio paveikslą.
Amber Museum
Rodyti originalaus dydžio paveikslą.
Exposition in the Amber Museum
The Palanga Amber Museum - Branch of the Lithuanian Art Museum - was established on August 3, 1963. It is housed on the estate of Count Feliksas Tiskevicius (1865-1932). The  estate, designed by German architect Franc Schwechten (1841-1924), was built in 1897. The Palanga Botanical Gardens, designed by the landscape architect Eduard Francois Andre (1840-1911), surround the Estate.
The Palanga Amber Museum’s exposition takes up 15 rooms. About 4,500 exhibit pieces are found here. Visitors are acquainted with the formation, processing, practical application, and morphological variations of amber. The museum has a wealth of amber pieces with trapped insects or plants, a collection of unique pieces of amber, and examples of fossilized tree resin brought from all over the world.
The Palanga Amber Museum is a branch of the Lithuanian Art Museum. About 8 million people have come to visit the Palanga Amber Museum.
The Museum is becoming famous for its traditional cultural events. For 30 summers now the terrace has been home to the night serenade concerts. Interesting cultural events and meetings with artists take place in the Fireplace Hall of the Estate.  
Antanas Mončys house-museum
Antanas Mončys house museum. A Lithuanian artist, who had been working in France and whose artworks came back to his Motherland. The exhibition consists of A. Mončys sculptures, drawings, pieces of graphic art, flutes, masks, sheets of his diary, advertising posters, etc. To the last will of the artist, visitors are allowed to touch the sculptures.
Activities of Museum: to popularize of Lithuanian art in Europe, promote international cultural exchanges, educational activities, and projects for social integration of disabled people.
Rodyti originalaus dydžio paveikslą.
Antanas Mončys house museum
Dr. Jonas Šliūpas memorial house
Dr. Jonas Šliūpas memorial house. Famous Lithuanian public man of the first half of XX c. Jonas Šliūpas was the first mayor of Palanga town. His house serves as the museum of Dr. J. Šliūpas and Palanga history now.
Rodyti originalaus dydžio paveikslą.
Dr. Jonas Šliūpas memorial house
Lankytojai:6787
Reitingas: (14 vertintojai)
Sukūrimo data:05/09/04
Paskutinieji pakeitimai:05/11/04
Įvertinkite šį straipsnį:
PavadinimasAutoriusAtsakymaiPaskutinysis atsakymas
gChDHpnqwWmLhhckcelycbc003/01/10
KomentarasPasipiktines Palangiskis108/16/06
Impressio eJournal © 2017 Palangos Senoji gimnazija Perjungti į Bibliotekos lygmenį